This position is responsible for all information technology systems, hardware, software, training, support, PCI compliance, and point of sale issues. This position serves as project manager of system implementation and upgrades, writes custom reports as needed, and serves as the liaison to the Office of Information Technology. This person will need to travel to educational conferences and seek additional training to maintain up to date industry knowledge. This person will be expected to communicate updates, training, changes, and any issues among store personnel. In charge of ordering the appropriate equipment and ensuring all technology systems function properly to ensure the maximum store success.
WORK PERFORMED * This position is responsible for all information technology systems including point of sale and inventory management system.
* This position will design and customize technological systems and platforms to improve the customer experience, maximize employee use and functionality, and implement systems procedures to help the store reach its goals.
* Provides oversight of IT Security, infrastructure, hardware, applications, programming and development, and system administration.
* Develops strategic plans to ensure IT capabilities are responsive to the needs of the VolShop and the customers.
* This position will supervise and maintain the e-commerce platform and work with each store department to help them reach their goals.
* This position will supervise and train one to three part time employees.
* This position is responsible for communicating all system updates to campus OIT and store staff.
* This person is expected to handle all system training and create documentation for future training.
* This position will create custom reports and create new Business Intelligence reports to serve the needs of each department of the store.
* Regularly meets with Departments to address concerns and resolve issues.
* Coordinates vendor training on issues and addresses custom requests with system provider.
* This position will be responsible for the security of the system and its devices, disaster recovery procedures, and safe storage of store information and equipment.
* This position researches and evaluates best practices in systems to support point of sale, inventory management system and business intelligence, and other technology related practices to ensure maximum operational efficiency.
* This will also include travel to educational conferences and training sessions.
Internal Number: 151225
About University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Our primary mission is to move forward the frontiers of human knowledge and enrich and elevate the citizens of the state of Tennessee, the nation, and the world. As the preeminent research-based, land-grant university in the state, UT embodies the spirit of excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, outreach, and engagement attained by the nation’s finest public research institutions.
BACK TO TOP
Power BI User Group Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else PUG Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at Power BI User Group Career Center.