Under the general supervision of the Director of Institutional Research and Business Intelligence, the Data Analyst is responsible for analyzing internal and external data for the purpose of university reporting and decision-making. This analysis includes the university's reporting obligations to internal and external constituents and accrediting bodies. Lastly the Data Analyst will assist with research initiatives relative to institutional processes and efficiencies.
-Ensure accurate and timely completion of mandatory federal, state and accreditation reports and data collections.
- Plan, organize, develop, and analyze institutional research studies and reports that support the institution's academic programs and institutional decision making.
- Assists in creating and executing procedures that ensure that all systems, products and services meet end-user requirements.
- Provide analytical and technical support to departments, committees, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Complete data requests for data and information
- Fulfill other duties as assigned
Advertised Minimum Qualifications :
Master's degree or a bachelor's degree and 2 years related program experience. Successful background check is required.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Internal Number: 30329
About The University of South Carolina
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state’s flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 “Best Colleges” according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state’s educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.