UC San Diego is ranked the 9th best public university in the nation by U.S. News and World Report and is the largest employer based in San Diego County. Reporting to the VC-CFO, Information Technology Services (ITS) delivers Enterprise information technology services to the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) under the leadership of the campus Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Information Technology Services (IT Services) uses world-class services and technologies to empower UC San Diego's mission to transform California and the world as a student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented public university. As a strategic member of the UC San Diego community, IT Services embraces innovation in their delivery of IT services, infrastructure, applications, and support. IT Services is customer-focused and committed to collaboration, continuous improvement, and accountability.
Workplace Technology Services (WTS) is responsible for adopting, deploying, and maintaining campus-wide workplace services for faculty, staff, and students. This includes email, calendaring, web content management, signature, mobile technologies, collaboration services, and business intelligence.
The Customer Engagement team provides world-class service and support for our customers (Students, Staff, Faculty, and Internal Business Units). The team includes: The Enterprise Service desk which provides Tier 1 troubleshooting and support via telephone/email; Field Services which provides installation of new or serviced equipment with onsite/remote troubleshooting, and Service Tool Delivery support which includes system imaging, software/system updates, asset management, and system administration of various enterprise CRMs.
Serving as the technical platform lead of a large instance of ServiceNow in support of both ITS and distributed IT units across the campus. Uses a standard software development lifecycle to deploy ServiceNow modules to support the IT Service Management Roadmap. Responsible for maintaining a high level of operational excellence across the ServiceNow applications. Responsible for configuring ServiceNow modules and applications and provide mentorship to other ServiceNow platform developers. Work closely with the business units and IT teams to understand functional requirements and how ServiceNow can support best in class IT Service Management processes. We have a vision of developing an enterprise toolset that will drive automation, best practice, and innovation for all those we support.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation packages and educational opportunities in a diverse, stimulating workforce. This position is eligible for full: - Health/Dental/Vision Insurance - Vacation/Holidays (15 vacation days and 13 paid holidays a year) - Life Insurance - UC Retirement Plan.
For more information about UCSD Benefits visit - http://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/index.html and UCSD Work/Life visit https://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/work-life/index.html
To calculate an approximate value of the UC Total Compensation package, please click here: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/total-compensation-calculator.php
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
• Advanced skills associated with programming design, modification and implementation. Advanced knowledge of secure software development.
• Demonstrated ability to create software specifications. As it applies to ITSM tool offerings for both cloud and on-premise (ServiceNow, SalesForce, Cherwell, etc..)
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge, skills and abilities associated with system problem identification and resolution. Knowledge necessary to design, set up, operate and correct malfunctions involving technology systems. Experience in incident response and digital forensics, including data collection, examination and analysis. As it applies to ITSM tool offerings (ServiceNow, SalesForce, Cherwell, etc..) and the integration's between them.
• Advanced knowledge of business and process analysis functions.. Knowledge of the design, development and application of technology and systems to meet business needs. Knowledge of SDLC, Lean Six Sigma and ITIL.
• Familiarity with logical data design and data mapping or data conversion.
• Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of how system management actions affect other systems, system users and dependent / related functions. Experience in data integration and the specification of data services. Ability to understand and model complex knowledge-intensive processes such as scholarly and research processes. Knowledge and understanding of the relationships through Active Directory, SCCM, Bigfix, JAMF and other tools.
• Certified System Administrator
• System Administration Advanced
• Certified Application Developer
• Certified Implementation Specialist
• Job offer is contingent on clear background check. Employee must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays. Employee must be available to travel as required.