Advertised Salary Range: Salary commensurate with qualifications.
Advertised Job Summary:
- Set policy and administer all aspects of campus information technology and data services, including Infrastructure Operations and Support, Institutional Research and Business Intelligence, and Information Security.
- Advise the Chancellor and Provost on all matters related to information technology & data services and participate in wide-ranging institutional policy deliberations.
- Provide leadership for overall campus technology security and protect enterprise communications, systems and assets from both internal and external threats.
- Provide leadership, in concert with the existing faculty and staff constituent groups, to establish strategic direction utilizing technology for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assist in defining, procuring and implementing the overall technology needs for campus facilities
- Create and manage other initiatives designed to keep the campus community engaged in the information systems agenda.
- Other duties as assigned by the Provost and SVCAA.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field and 5 years' related experience and 3 years of supervisory experience, preferably in higher education. A successful background check is required.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Internal Number: 29196
About The University of South Carolina
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state’s flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 “Best Colleges” according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state’s educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.