Oregon Health andScience University (OHSU), Portland, OR has an opening for an EPIC BusinessIntelligence Specialist. The duties willinclude:
(1) Provide governance and technicalexpertise for the use and operation of Reporting Workbench. Work closely withEpic application teams, business leaders, and end users to define operationalreport templates and aid in their use. Work with the Epic security coordinatorto maintain security classes and assignments for the secure operation of EpicReporting Workbench. Provide auditing capabilities for Reporting Workbench asrequested - 25%.
(2) Provide governance and technicalexpertise for the use and operation of Radar dashboards. Work closely with Epicapplication teams, business leaders, and end users to define standarddashboards and components and aid in their use. Work with the Epic securitycoordinator to maintain security classes and assignments for the secureoperation of Epic Radar Dashboards. Provide auditing and development fordashboards and components as requested - 20%.
(3) Publish and maintain standardizedEpic Crystal Reports and Web Intelligence reports. Ensure compliance tostandards within Business Objects Enterprise. Serve as a technical resource forend users publishing reports - 10%.
(4) Provide administration of EpicAnalytics. Development and implementation of Epic Datalink. Configuration ofregistries as needed - 10%.
(5) Create reports using a combination oftools in Cognos Report Studio, Crystal Reports Professional, Web Intelligence,Oracle PL/SQL, Microsoft SQL, etc. Use the knowledge gained by working with thecustomers and through prior experience to analyze data in Epic Clarity database(Oracle) in order to meet reporting requirements - 10%.
(6) Schedule and monitor reporting toauto deliver reports and/or data. This includes scheduling in Business ObjectsEnterprise, Cognos Scheduler, Oracle Job scheduler, and/or Microsoft SSIS - 5%.
(7) Respond to and track issues usingService Manager issue management tools. Gather additional information from thecustomers. Triage the issue and resolve or escalate by involving additionalteam members as required - 5%. (8)Provide support to data warehouse developers,line-of-business analysts and users to validate data in the data warehouse.Investigate and report on problems and work to ensure the validity of the datawarehouse - 5%.
(9) Design and develop processes tosupport the position Standard work and to actively and continually improvethose processes - 5%.
(10) Attend classes, seminars and othertraining forums as appropriate - 5%.
Internal Number: IRC68011
About Oregon Health and Science University
As the state's only health and research university, OHSU brings together patient care, research, education of the next generation of health care providers and scientists and community service to improve the health and well-being of all Oregonians.The university is a conduit for learning for more than 2,800 students, providing training to interns, residents and fellows in postgraduate medical and research. It is the only place in Oregon that grants doctoral degrees in medicine, dentistry and nursing. OHSU cares for more than 251,000 patients each year from around the region and takes a leadership role in contributing to solutions involving the health of the state and the nation, such as health care access and transparency, ethics and workforce shortage. Beyond providing critical health care services, quality education and cutting-edge research, OHSU also is a key economic and social force in the Northwest. With an annual operating budget of $2.06 billion and more than 14,000 employees, OHSU is Portland?s largest employer. Its size contributes to its ability to provide... many services and community support activities not found anywhere else in Oregon. For more information visit http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/about/index.cfm