As a member of the Operations team this full-time, non-exempt position will support the infrastructure of Alumni Affairs and Development by providing ongoing user support and training and maintaining current business practices. This position supports the day-to-day functions of the FAS & UNV Donor Relations, Events, Radcliffe Institute, and Harvard Alumni Association teams. He/she is responsible for managing selected timelines, preparing Ad Hoc requests, executing staff trainings, and overseeing the collection and input of data.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Support day-to-day business process functions and respond to staff requests for the FAS & UNV Donor Relations, Events, Radcliffe Institute, and Harvard Alumni Association teams.
2. Assist Business Process Analysts with the development, testing, and marketing of reporting applications and other technologies.
3. Serve as CAADS authorized requestor for assigned departments and attend monthly CAADS LPM meetings.
4. Train staff on Advance policies and procedures as well as all reporting applications.
5. Coordinates the fulfillment of ad-hoc data requests from assigned departments.
6. Assists in the creation, implementation and evaluation of training plans and materials.
7. Prepares and maintains data for use in selected projects (i.e. monthly solicitation reviews, prospect strategy meetings, etc.) related to Prospect area in Advance.
8. Oversees requests from staff for mass uploading of data (event attendance, proposals, assignments, mailing lists, tasks, contact reports, etc).
9. Conducts regular data audits related to reporting and gift tracking; communicates best practices to staff as needed.
10. May be responsible for overseeing the work of students and interns employed by the Operations team.
Please include a cover letter with your application.
Skills testing may be a component of the interview process for this position.
The department of Alumni Affairs and Development at Harvard University is committed to diversity. We welcome applicants who bring varied experience, thought, and practice to the department's mission to maintain and enhance an engaged community of alumni and friends worldwide and to lead the University's fundraising efforts.
Harvard University Benefits Package Vacation/Sick/Personal/Holidays: Harvard offers 3 (union roles) - 4 (exempt) weeks paid vacation, a paid holiday break between Christmas and New Year's Day, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days each year. Medical/Dental/Vision Benefit: Harvard offers a variety of excellent medical, dental, and vision plans which all begin on the first day of employment. Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service. Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted study options through participating Harvard Graduate Schools. Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as parking options to assist employees in their daily commute to campus. Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complimentary health services. There are also fee-based athletic facility memberships available at various locations around the university for employees.
Salary Grade: 055
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
1. Bachelor's degree at an accredited university with minimum 2+ years' experience in university fundraising, administration or transferable experience. 2. Proficiency with MS Office required. 3. Minimal travel required, conferences or peer meetings. Some evening and weekend work required.
1. Must exhibit great attention to detail and have the ability to produce clear documentation. 2. Must demonstrate excellent public speaking, presentation and written communication skills. 3. Must be motivated to learn, flexible to change, and innovative. 4. Must be creative and proactive yet disciplined, discriminating and able to streamline work volume in order to maintain bottom line efforts in midst of multi-tasking and daily re-prioritizing, with director's guidance. 5. Must have excellent organizational skills. 6. Experience with SQL, Toad, ADVANCE and Qlikview and other Business Intelligence technologies desirable.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Internal Number: 44671BR
About Harvard University
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University, which is based in Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts, has an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Harvard has more than 360,000 alumni around the world. The University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, offering a truly global education. Established in 1636, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.