View Benefits Summary link or by request from SSU Human Resources.
Application Deadline First review of applications will be at 8 am on Monday, November 27th, 2017. Applications received on or after the first review date may not be considered.
Conditions of Employment This is a full time, exempt position, which will lead toward permanent status following the successful completion of a probationary period.
Responsibilities Sonoma State University is committed to achieving excellence through teaching, scholarship, learning and inclusion. In line with the Seawolf Commitment, our values include respect, responsibility, excellence and integrity. We strive to cultivate a community in which a diverse population can learn and work in an atmosphere of civility and respect. We encourage innovation, experimentation and creativity, as well as contributions to equity and inclusion, in the pursuit of excellence for all members of our university community.
Reporting to the Director of Administrative Operations and Financial Analysis, the Administrative Analyst Specialist is responsible for planning, developing, leading, and administering complex and specialized projects and initiatives, including but not limited to space management, work control, and budget analysis. Serving as program/project administrator, the incumbent is required to assess, formulate, and evaluate the operational impact of recommended and/or implemented policies and procedures. Work requires applying a theoretical knowledge base to develop recommendations and conclusions. The incumbent is required to participate in planning and development activities as well as to determine methods independently to meet programmatic and administrative goals. Additionally, the incumbent will coordinate departmental activities to ensure compliance with the CSU and other regulatory requirements.
Major duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the following: Major duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Space Management: Function as the team leader and system administrator to the department's space management software. Working closely with the Director of Planning, the incumbent will o Manage university space data and land record information (18 approximately academic and business buildings, 36 residential buildings 1,848,059 square feet, 269 acres) in database o Coordinate, orchestrate, and submit updates (space and maps) in database and to the Chancellor's office o Provide analytical reports and studies concerning university space allocation and utilization for short term and long range space need projections based on enrollment data and expected growth o Develop and recommend new and innovative procedures, guidelines, checklists, and forms to facilitate effective use of campus facilities and to ensure facility data and information is managed appropriately. o Analyze and interpret complex data, to propose solutions. o Conduct audits of campus space; reports discrepancies and ensures campus space data accurately reflects actual usage.
2. Work Control: Serve as the functional team leader and system administrator to the department's computerized maintenance management software (CMMS) and o Administer, monitor, configure, and modify CMMS for integrity issues to ensure efficient functionality in tracking work orders and projects from request through close out including all associated peripheral modules o Identify process improvement opportunities by implementing additional functions, including but not limited to creating new action codes, and designing customized queries and reports o Create, administer and distribute Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) reports and/or in Excel format o Effectively communicate changes associated with CMMS to various audiences o Provide support to end users o Maintain and manage employee access and setup o Act as the Liaison between department users and CMMS technical support by providing functional expertise and guidance o Coordinate, test and troubleshoot the installation, maintenance, and upgrade of CMMS o Coordinate with university IT to troubleshoot and manage mobile devices and mobile software applications o Create and maintain CMMS related documentation, including but not limited to user guides, technical training documents, CMMS processes and procedures o Create, maintain, and conduct CMMS training programs o Implement continuous business improvement leveraging the CMMS system o Provide back-up support for work control unit including, but not limited to, converting requests to work orders, distributing work orders to appropriate parties, create work orders, and etc.
3. Other Administrative Duties o Maintain and manage department website and update information in compliance with university standard o Maintain the department's electronic library o Coordinate the record keeping and maintenance of all technological hardware, software licenses, devices and peripherals, including equipment replacement at the end of life cycle to ensure minimal disruption to office operations o Act as the department's administrative team's inventory custodian and perform annual inventory audit check with the University Property Manager o Provide back-up to office frontline operations as needed
The incumbent will perform other secondary duties as assigned.
Duties take place primarily in an office setting on the Sonoma State University campus. Position requires keyboarding for up to 7 hours per day in a shared office space with heavy traffic, interruptions and noises. As an exempt employee, the incumbent has some flexibility in work schedule however must be available during the regular campus hours Monday through Friday to meet the operational needs of the campus and department. Incumbent's specific start time is determined by Appropriate Administrator. Evening and weekend hours may be required and will be specified only by the supervisor to meet operational needs. The incumbent must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such levels as is determined by the Appropriate Administrator. The position may require occasional travel, by automobile and airplane, and the incumbent must be able to work some night and weekend hours with overnight stays.
Qualifications This position requires a Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs. Degree in business administration, management, or planning preferred. In addition, the position requires one to three years of progressively responsible administrative and analytical work in support of a highly complex organization. Knowledge of facilities management including its organizational and operating structures, internal systems, and functional areas preferred. Advanced proficiency with computers, standard office information technology systems, and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required. Prior experience with Facilities Management specific software and database preferred. Prior experience with automated work order systems, space utilization system, and/or relationship database highly desirable.
The incumbent must be service oriented and fiscally responsible. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Must be able to prioritize and perform all duties efficiently and effectively to meet productivity standards and deadlines. Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the university and establish and maintain productive and effective, inclusive working relationships amongst diverse populations including staff, faculty, administration, students, and other internal and external constituents. Must be able to accept constructive feedback and work cooperatively in group situations.
Additionally, the following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required: o Working knowledge of and ability to apply standard theories, principles, practices, and techniques applicable to project management, research and statistical analysis to develop conclusions and make recommendations. o General knowledge of policies, procedures, and outside regulations pertaining to facilities operations, or the ability to quickly gain such knowledge. o Working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysis and techniques. o Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved. o Skill in the research, development and evaluation of policies and programs, including skills in the collection, evaluation, and interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations. o Expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with a broad administrative impact and implications. Ability to anticipate problems and address them proactively. o Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret, organize, and present information and ideas in written or presentation form. o Ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction. o Highly skilled in the use a relationship database and able to serve as the functional lead in an application information systems. Prior experience with CMMS preferred. o Effective written and oral communication skills including a thorough foundation in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation o Ability to analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques. o Ability to organize and plan work projects including handling multiple priorities. o Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment. o Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit. o Valid California Driver's License.
Qualification Note Evidence of degree(s) or certificate(s) and/or license(s) required at time of hire.
Application Process Click the 'Apply Now' to apply to this position. Materials submitted with your application will not be returned. The ADA Coordinator is available, at 707/664-2664, to assist individuals with disabilities in need of accommodation during the hiring process.
Qualified candidates must submit the following to be considered:
1. Cover Letter and Resume - the application system only allows one document to be uploaded, so cover letter and resume must be included in the same MS Word or PDF file (file name should not contain any spaces or special characters)
2. Online Employment Application (complete entire application, resume/cover letter will not substitute for any part of the application)
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current employees who apply for this position.
Other Information Equal Employment Opportunity: The University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Mandated Reporting: This position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
About Sonoma State University Sonoma State University, located 48 miles north of San Francisco, is one of the 23 campuses of the California State University. Sonoma State University is a liberal arts institution with an enrollment of approximately 10,000 students and 530 full-time and part-time faculty. Our beautiful campus is located in Rohnert Park, at the foot of the Sonoma hills in the Wine Country.
Sonoma State University is proud to be a smoke-free campus, where smoking and other uses of tobacco products, such as smokeless tobacco, the use of e-cigarettes and similar devices, are prohibited.
Sonoma State University's Jeanne Clery Act Annual Security Report is available at www.sonoma.edu/ps/about/jeanneclery.html; Annual Campus Housing Fire Safety Report is available at www.sonoma.edu/housing/general-info/emergency-prep/fire-safety.html.
Contact Information Sonoma State University Human Resources Main (707) 664-3100 Fax (707) 664-3196 1801 East Cotati Avenue Rohnert Park, CA 94928 email@example.com
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Located in California's premier wine country one hour north of San Francisco, Sonoma State is a small campus with big ideas. With a tradition of promoting intellectual and personal growth, leadership opportunities and technological proficiency, SSU offers its students a friendly, safe and informal atmosphere on a beautiful campus setting. Currently, campus housing accommodates students in both apa...rtment and residential suite style facilities. While SSU generally accepts all qualified students who apply from high schools in its service area, 80 percent of the freshmen and 55 percent of the junior transfer students come from outside the North Bay region. With almost half of its student body living on campus, it is one of the most residential campuses within the system.